One of the best things about succulents is how hardy they are. With most species used to adverse conditions, this opens a lot of options for the kinds of pots that you can use. With their weird shapes and unique colorations, you have to have something perfectly you to put your succulent friends in.
The easiest way to determine if a pot is safe for your succulents is to think, “will this leech chemicals into the soil?” Most metals aren’t going to until they start to rust, so make sure you save those plastic garden pots! Woods will decay over time, even if they are adorable and weathered. Ceramics and porcelains can work too, but that might not be your style.
Whatever style or aesthetic you have, you’re going to find something you love in this list. Check out the style reviews at the end of this blog for ideas on how to use these planters!
Most Mid-century modern styles are going to include some sort of slightly rustic stand and a white or black pot. If you want something that is a little more out there rather than the run-of-the-mill modern, take a look at this woven texture pot with a clean metal stand.
It adds more of a unique flavor to the room rather than the same old same old.
If stands aren’t your thing, then look for solid color pots with drainage holes. If you find one that doesn’t have drainage, it’s not that hard to do it yourself. Check out my tutorial here!
Modern Farmhouse has taken rustic and done without the industrialized aspect. Instead, Farmhouse focuses on comfort and not all the functions that a more rustic house would. One of the most common types of pots that you will see for this décor style is buckets. Now that can go between shabby chic and even French countryside, but there is something unique to a farmhouse.
Throw in some vintage, copious amounts of white brushing on pots, and you have this gorgeous representation of farmhouse pots.
- Check Out Our Store – Click on the blue Window Garden link at top of page*** GORGEOUS - Designed with a distinctive rustic...
This style can lean towards the more boho or rustic side of style; however, it is a uniquely vintage style of decoration. Of course, the best pot that you can find for this type of décor is always going to be a natural material like these mini barrel planters.
- ❉【Pay More Attention to Dimension】- Large:8''x6.3''x6.3''H / Small:7''x5.3''x5.3''H. Burnt finish adds a rustic country...
Farmhouse comes before French country simply because French Country is the next step towards vintage. This style focuses on bringing vintage items into the house, and this is no different with pots. Look for ceramic versions of antique items such as this ceramic vintage bucket
Think of dramatic vintage patterns like this blue and white ceramic piece
- High-quality varnish.
- High quality.
or this ivory ceramic planter with overstated leaf designs along the base.
- The epitome of elegance and luxury for any tabletop. Crafted from premium ceramic, this stunning planter exudes...
- Designed exclusively by the TIC Collection, the planter measures 10"D by 10"H.
- Created with care, our items may vary slightly in size, finish, and color from pictured.
These types of pots are going to add that extra element of slight gaudiness that is a trademark of this style. Another thing you can do is also use vintage cans or other containers as well. Make sure they are lined and use them to decorate with your succulent friends.
Industrial styles tend to go a few different directions. The most common kind of industrial takes up space and makes it look like a building that is still under construction with some added flair. There are many ways that you can add industrial pots to your home so that your succulents also have a home.
Something to look for is a pot with a lot of structure to it. Even pots that are made with more curved bars rather than the normal straight and angular tendencies of industrial tastes are acceptable in this style. For example, this three pot hanger is an excellent example of how you can soften an industrial style with a few simple curves.
- DISPLAY PLANTS IN YOUR WINDOW: By hanging planters on a metal rod, Triflora makes it easy to water and display plants in your...
Another great way to grow succulents in your home is to pick out concrete pots! These are slightly porous, like terra cotta, so they will help keep your succulents dried out more than other pots. This square concrete pot is a perfect example of something to add to your home.
- Extremely durable - provides a solid base for all your flowering plants
Mediterranean is like the beachy version of a farmhouse thrown together with some boho and global design. Seagrass planters are a great way to incorporate some of the ocean into your home.
- 100% NATURAL STURDY SEAGRASS - Handmade using premium seagrass that is a natural eco-friendly substitute. Beautiful and...
The natural weave looks like ropes that could be found on a boat which gives off that perfect, relaxed experience.
Another way to bring the Mediterranean to your home is to use pots that look like they are rustic with solid colors.
This look mimics the bright colors of the Mediterranean while also keeping that rustic, aged look. Using colors like blues, yellows, and reds are going to highlight this style the most.
If you haven’t seen the interesting collections of face pots that have been popping up, then you are missing out on an art deco treat.
- Set of 3 unique modern human face shaped resin planters for succulents and small plants
Each one is a different statement piece, and they can actually tell quite the story. If you want a statement piece for a tiny arrangement, then this bright and beautiful face planter will be an immediate favorite.
- 【Colorful and Unique】You will be obsessed with the bohemian use of colors to the design on its abstract face, which can...
Other types of art deco can vary from cute statement animals
- These American bird small planter pots can be used as succulent planters, cactus pots or air plant holders
to bold colors
- Rainbow Pearlescent Glazed Design With Drain Holes: The rich color of this ceramic flower pot is covered a rainbowl look....
- 【Premium Material】: The unique red lip plant pot made of premium quality ceramic ，lightweight and durable for...
or, you guessed it, more faces.
- Creative Design:The head face glass planter make of iron art is connected with plant vase by means of stable base, thus...
This style deals more with smooth lines, simple décor, and bringing nature inside. It is a very clean look where natural materials are used as much as possible, and colors stay rather muted or black and white. One example is these marble ceramic pots.
- SUN-E New collections!Ideal for adding a dash of refreshingly modern design to your home,Great Gift - this ceramic pot can...
They are absolutely stunning and go well in any space where a succulent has enough light. While it is rare, more antique-looking elements might be welcome in this style. This can be done through ancient looking broken pots
- 【Specification】Size: L 4.72 × W 4.33 × H 3.15 inch (L120 × W110 × H80 mm) | Weight: 7.41 oz (210g) | Material:...
meant for arrangements or through aged stone.
- Looks incredible both indoors and outdoors
- Sealed with a safe and effective UV coated finish to prevent color fading and protect against all types of weather
- Durable cement construction and rustic design come together to create this magnificent planter
Natural stone and simple round pots are some of the best ways to maintain the aesthetic. However, a pop of color and a little excitement is also a good idea with these geometric planters.
- 💎 Geometric Design - The succulent planter is made of elegant qualified porcelain. Consist of 2 pots same sizes, this set...
Like you might think, coastal tries to bring the ocean inside. This is definitely similar to the Mediterranean style, but the accent colors are more pastel. The major difference is that Coastal is the U.S. version of the ocean style. There are kitschy ocean-themed pots like this seaside themed set.
If you are looking for something on the natural side, take a look at artificial wood planters
- Durable Resin Material: Made from resin, not wood, for long-lasting use indoors or outdoors.
or use pieces of driftwood as planters and décor.
- NATURAL AND UNIQUE : Natural driftwood has interesting shapes and textures.and looks different from various angles. Each...
Boho is the macrame-covered chaos cousin to a global style.
- Show your plants some love with this elegant, vintage-inspired macrame plant hanger. Simple, yet meticulously handcrafted,...
Global styles focus on bringing cultures from other worlds into their home, while boho focuses more on many patterns
- Craftsmanship: These ceramic pots are made of classic ceramics with glazed interior and exterior finishes for a smooth touch...
and eclectic collections with a random teapot or two thrown in there.
- A fun Springtime DIY craft, these cute teapots make great home decor. They're an adorable way to dress up your kitchen and...
Boho also takes a slightly modern twist with finely detailed items like these accent hanging pots.
- This minimalist hanging planter brightens up any room in the home with its gently modern simplicity. Great plant decoration...
Another large element of boho decoration is rather bright colors.
- 🌿DESIGN AND TOP NOTCH QUALITY. These simple ceramic planters are crafted by our skilled artisans and are inspired by polka...
If there is a pattern and bright colors, then that is even better!
- CUTE SMALL FLOWER POTS FOR TINY PLANTS - If you like adorning your house with tiny green plants, these small cylinder plants...
Most of all, when you decorate with your succulents, remember to have fun with it! If you would like something more along the lines of gaming, like this adorable Bulbasaur, then go for it. Don’t hesitate to find pots that fit your style and reflect who you are.
No products found.