Succulents and cacti are xerophytes – plants that have adaptations to survive in dry environments. All succulent plants are not necessarily related to each other, any plant that has adaptations to store water in its roots, leaves, or stem is a succulent.
Beginners Start Here:
See more beginner guides →
See more succulent types →
Learn everything about growing succulents here.
Start here for the fundamentals. It's pretty easy to keep them alive once you know how to water succulents and cacti.
- How to Water Succulents and Cacti: The Ultimate Guide
- Is My Succulent Over or Under Watered: Knowing the Difference
- How Long Can Succulents Go Without Water?
- Water Therapy for Succulents
- 5 Ways You Are Killing Your Succulents
- Do Succulents Need Drainage? - How Water Them Correctly
- Should Succulents Be Watered From the Bottom: 5 Succulent Care Tips
- How to Save an Over Watered Succulent
See more watering guides →
See more lighting guides →
See more soil guides →
See more propagation guides →
See more fertilizing guides →
Pots and Planters
See more pots and planter guides →