For growing succulents and cacti, few lights can match the power, efficiency, and effectiveness of a premium LED growlight. Today, we're reviewing a 2000 watt dimmable LED grow light panel from BestVA. I found the light to be overwhelmingly bright (in a good way!), and so I'm really pleased to show off what it's capable of.
And, yes, that Monstera in the featured image isn't quite a succulent, but it looked good under the grow light either way!
BestVA Pro Series LED Specs and Features
While I have the 2000W grow light, BestVA also has a 1000W and 4000W model of the same light to accommodate different sizes of grow space. Here are the specs for each LED panel:
|Core Coverage Area (at 24")||2.8' x 2.8'||4.5' x 4.5'||7.5' x 7.5'|
|Size of LED Panel||13.5" x 10.5" x 2.5"||17" x 14.25" x 3"||21.5" x 20" x 3"|
|Weight||6 lbs||10 lbs||20 lbs|
As you can see, they offer grow lights for every scenario from home hobby grower to commercial nursery sized behemoths!
- Power supply works on120V ACand240V ACand277V AC
- High-quality LEDs technology-Samsung LM301H diodes (high energy efficiency of 2.9 umol/J
- Advanced, high-safety MEAN WELL driver with an exceptionally high PAR output
- LED's span a broad range of wavelengthhs to emulate full spectrum light:
- 3000K warm whit
- 5000K white
- 660nm deep red
- 730nm IR light
- Extensive heat management through in-built heat radiators make this grow light cool and silent
- Small Grow Light for Indoor Plants brings photosynthesis so that plants can grow more healthily indoors without sunlight.
- Plant grow light can promote growth, brighten color, prevent excessive growth, and prolong flowering.
- Small grow light got the inspiration from Angel ring. Mini Grow Light is not only a plant light but also a stylish decoration...
- 🌱 [Upgraded White Grow lights for Plants & Plant Lights for Indoor Growing] SUWITU plant light for indoor plants is...
- 💐 [3 Switch Modes & 10 Dimming Levels] Our plant lights for seedlings includes warm white light, purple light and daylight...
- 🍓 [Auto On/Off Timing Function] The growing lights for indoor plants offer 3 timing options (3H/9H/12H). After you set up...
Is this enough to keep your succulents sun-stressed and colorful? Yes, though it's not a total replacement for the real sun.
Is the BestVA LED Growlight worth it?
Absolutely, yes! This one 2000W grow light was able to replace 2 old CFL grow lights I was using (4 tube lights in 2 fixtures) and it's probably twice as bright - I have it dimmed a bit from full power.
I'm glad I got the 2000W option over the 1000W because it enabled me to light my whole grow shelf. The small panel might be enticing for a desk growing operationn (or maybe in a grow tent). I can't imagine getting the 4000 watt model for anything less than a commercial grow op!
Why Choose LED Grow Lights?
All BestVA LEDs operate with a PPFD at least 2.9 μmol/j efficacy, which they claim is 10% better than the competition. I can attest that it is very, very bright. Even suspended several feet away there's little loss in intensity.
As you can tell from my example above, LED grow lights are just infinitely more efficient in almost every sense.
Every other type of lightbulb emits the vast majority of the energy consumed as heat. LEDs are by far the most efficient - which is important when you have a lot of grow lights in one room, as they can significantly heat it. A couple of LED panels replacing half a dozen HID or CFL bulbs will drop the temperature noticeably.
The big drawback to LEDs is that each one emits a very narrow spectrum of light, making it harder to emulate the full spectrum light you get from the sun (that is also well-approximated by higher-end fluorescent grow lights). These LED panels do a pretty good job emulating full spectrum by simply including a variety of different types of LEDs at different wavelengths.
It also has the option to switch the LEDs to from vegetative to flowering mode, adjusting the proportion of LEDs at a given wavelength to encourage flowering/fruiting or regular growth.
Ease of Use
My grow light came with a couple of different mounting options, which was super helpful.
My CFL tube lights break every 3-5 months. I have a big stack of replacement ones in the closet. These LEDs will last longer than me (and the BestVA site says they have a 100,000 hour lifetime)
If you're looking for the cheapest option, Compact Fluorescent Lighting (CFL) is the way to go. LEDs like this are expensive initially, but quickly pay for themselves since they never need replacement bulbs and draw magnitudes of order less energy.
Why buy succulent grow lights from BestVA?
At the point where you're considering upgrading your current grow lights, it makes sense to just get the best onnes available so you don't have to upgrade again. That's why I chose BestVA and I haven't been disappointed yet. It's also nice to buy direct form the manufacturer so that I can save some costs on buying from a garden store (why are their grow lights always so insanely expensive??).
BestVA provides a 3-year warranty on all products to all customers. Navigate to this page on their site to get more information about repair/replacement for BestVA LEDs.